Top tips for brides
Hope you are all having a wonderful 2016 and those wedding plans are going well!
Todays post is for all you gorgeous brides to be out there. There a many stages of emotions that most brides will go through in the lead up to the wedding – stress, excitement, nerves, anxiety and literally everything else in between. Planning an event such as your wedding is a very personal journey and hours are spent by couples going through every tiny detail to make sure it’s perfect! Trust me I know – I have been there! Then one day, it hits you! I am getting married today!!
You have planned everything! You know every tiny detail of the day in your mind but one thing you haven’t planned for is the emotions of the day itself! Hopefully the tips in this post can give you a few pointers and help you stay calm and be prepared for one of the most wonderful days of your life!
- Prepare yourself an emergency bridal kit for the big day (or ask your maids to sort it) ensure it is kept on hand throughout the whole day or any emergencies! These are my must haves for an emergency kit: Hair Grips, Eyelash Glue, Nail Glue, Hair Spray, Dry Shampoo, Whitening Pen or chalk (for any stains on the gown), Tampons, Pain Killers, Plasters, Perfume, Gel insoles (for aching feet!lol), Comb, Nail File, Tweezers
Photo Credit: beautifybrides
- Try to find 10 minutes at the start of the day just to be by yourself – even if you have to lock yourself in the bathroom!lol! Trust me just a little time to yourself to reflect on everything and just sit there and smile or scream out ‘I’m getting married’ really helps relax you
- Eat a big breakfast! It’s going to be a super long day and a good while before you eat next so get that brekky down you!
- Use the loo before you put your dress on!! 🙂
- Make sure you leave enough time to put your dress on – I didn’t factor this time in and ended up rushing
- Remember to take a deep breath before you walk down the aisle and smile! – Give your dad (or whoever is giving you away) a huge hug and heartfelt thank you!
Me & My Dad on my Wedding Day
- Enjoy the walk down the aisle! I know this is the bit can scare a lot of people but believe me you won’t even notice all the people sat there when you set eyes on your gorgeous groom
- Speak clearly through your vows, don’t be nervous – it’s your moment so own it!
- Take time as a couple for a bit of privacy after the wedding ceremony! Everyone will want a piece of you so it’s important to have a little you time!
Photo Cred: And so to wed
- If you know your feet are going to hurt ask a bridesmaid to have spare flip-flops to hand!
- Don’t freak out if something doesn’t go to plan – it really doesn’t matter because it’s your wedding day!!!
- Don’t get too smashed!! You will regret it if you have an early flight the next day! lol
- Enjoy every moment, laugh, dance, eat, kiss, drink champagne and take in every moment!
Photo Cred:Elizabeth Anne Designs
Happy wedding & just enjoy it!! Everything will be perfect, you are marrying the love of your life and at the end of the day that is the only thing that matters!!!
Photo Cred: www.saltandpinephoto.com